Abiding by the Law, Standing by Our Customers
Are you considering working, contracting, or opening your business in Guam? Having a capable and knowledgeable team that understands and can navigate the local legal system can be the key to success. At AXS Insurance we stay up-to-date with current events, rules, and regulations concerning the insurance industry and pass this knowledge on to our clients. As part of our commitment to our customers we work to ensure that our clients remain compliant with local and federal law all while saving money and providing the best coverage available.
- Federal Contracts on Guam are subject to Guam Law
- Member of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) — Guam’s Insurance Commissioner regulates and exercises authority over the Guam Insurance industry rules and regulations.
- Admitted Insurance — including all classes of insurance surety, is mandatory unless unavailable through admitted carriers. See Title 22 Section 15101 Guam Code Annotated (Authority of Insurers)
- Representing or placing insurance with unauthorized insurers is prohibited — An unauthorized insurer cannot defend in Guam’s courts see Title 22 Section 15201 Guam Code Annotated Article 2 (Uniform Unauthorized Insurers Act)
- An Insurance company cannot write direct business — A resident general agent who is licensed must be appointedto represent the insurance company.
- Auto Liability
- Workers Compensation, Local and Federal
Tariff Lines of Insurance:
- Workers Compensation
- Gross Receipts Tax
- Liability Tax