The NexGen Insurance Innovation Challenge (NIIC) is Guam’s first insurance-specific innovation competition. Its mission is to pursue, promote, and cultivate sustainable innovation for Guam’s Insurance Industry. NIIC is an opportunity for college students to be a part of a collaborative effort to transform the way the current insurance industry does business. Students will draw on their creative talents and problem-solving skills to find inventive and new ways for insurance professionals to design the next-gen customer experience. All culminating at the Insurance Risk and Leadership Symposium where students will meet and learn from insurance professionals to get an up-close view of the countless career opportunities that insurance has to offer. During the symposium the final contestants of NIIC will pitch their product to a panel of judges for a grand prize.
We invite all innovators to take part in this unique opportunity to invent a better future for Guam!
- All participants must be current college students.
- Applicants may participate in groups of (3) or less
April 13, 2018
Deadline to submit your application complete with proposal and list of team members.
April 15, 2018
Semi- Finalists announced
April 20, 2018
April 20, 2018
April 21 – May 28, 2018
May 27, 2018
Finalists Submit Final Presentations
May 28, 2018
Final Round Rehearsals
May 29, 2018
NIIC Final Presentations will begin promptly at 4:30 P.M.
May 30, 2018
NIIC Awards Ceremony will begin promptly at 2:30 P.M.
How to Participate:
- Follow the link below to register online and complete your application by April 13, 2018.
- Registrants MUST submit their application and presentation by April 13, 2018 at 11:55 P.M. ChST.
- If your proposal is selected you and your team mates will be given one-on-one time with a selected mentor who help you refine your proposal and create a final presentation to be submitted for review by May 27, 2018.
- Finalists will be given complimentary admission to the Insurance Risk and Leadership Symposium—a two-day insurance symposium where contestants will meet and learn from the industry’s best—on May 29 and 30, 2018 to present their final presentation.
- Final Presentations will be given on May 29, 2018 in front of a panel of judges who will evaluate, give feedback and select a winning team.
- Winners will be announced on May 30, 2018 where they will be presented with their grand prize.
Click the link below to submit your finished proposal and presentation online. Submissions MUST be received by April 13, 2018 at 11:55 P.M. ChST. Please title submissions with your Team Name and College/University.
Want to be a Sponsor?
How your contribution helps:
Sponsors will be providing local students with the opportunity to take part in this ground-breaking and innovative event and in doing so helping to groom the future generations of the Guam Insurance Industry.
Become a Sponsor
Contact us at intl.IRLS2018@gmail.com subject SPONSOR to get more information. Or call us at 671 588 4291